Once you register your new appliance you will have complete support and advice available from our team of technical experts, fleet of engineers and customer care advisors to keep your CDA appliance working perfectly.
By registering your appliance’s serial number we can obtain parts and service materials quickly and efficiently, ensuring our fleet of engineer vans are stocked with the correct parts to care for your product.
We believe in making your life easier, help us to do so and register your appliances today!
Terms And Conditions Of The CDA Guarantee
CDA appliances are covered by a 5 year parts and 2 year labour guarantee for complete peace of mind*
* applies to appliances purchased after 31 May 2011.
Terms and conditions of guarantee
- Parts are defined as mechanical/electrical parts only.
- Products registered outside of the 30 day period will receive 12 months parts and labour.
- Proof of date of purchase must be supplied.
- To qualify for free parts they must be fitted by a CDA appointed engineer.
- Any attempts to modify or repair an appliance by an unauthorised person will render all guarantees invalid.
- A charge will be made for attending a reported fault that transpires to be due to misuse or mis-installation.
- CDA retains the right to invalidate the guarantee in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of staff
- CDA guarantees cover domestic use only – commercial use is not covered.
- Guarantees in whole or part are not transferable.
- TAPS – During the first year, at our discretion we may pay for refitting (on receipt of the faulty part/tap, once inspected and deemed faulty) up to a maximum defined cost.
- The provision of services under the guarantee neither extends the term of the guarantee nor sets in motion a new guarantee period. The guarantee period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the guarantee on the appliance as a whole. The guarantee remains effective from the date of purchase.
- On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old* and is considered to be beyond repair, or uneconomical to repair, then we will offer a replacement appliance and charge an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
- Guarantees apply in the UK and Southern Ireland only.
*CDA will only replace the product free of charge if the item is less than 2 years old and was purchased after 31/05/2011.
What is not covered
- Transport damage for which CDA is not responsible.
- Improper installation and assembly.
- Improper use including where an appliance has been used in a non-domestic environment, or poor maintenance, or failure to observe the operating instructions.
- Faults due to accidental damage or misuse.
- Damage caused by the appliance coming into contact with unsuitable materials.
- Claims in respect of compensation for consequential loss, except where such liability is legally mandatory.
- Consumables and cosmetic parts such as glass, bulbs, seals, fuses, filters, external hoses, cosmetic parts, baskets, trays, burner caps, burner bases etc.
- Damage to, or during, the replacement of any light bulbs or removable parts of glass and plastic.
- Gas leaks not related to a CDA appliance.
Details of extended warranties are available on request.
This table shows where the guarantee is restricted due to non-domestic conditions:
|2 years labour, 5 years parts||2 years labour, 2 years parts||1 year labour, 1 year parts|
|Normal domestic sale and use||✔|
|Rental or service apartment (non-students)||✔|
|Students (communal living and non-communal) not new build*||✔|
|Students (communal living and non-communal) new build*||✔|
|Students (non-communal) one student per kitchen||✔|
|Semi-commercial e.g. school domestic science lab||✔|
*Provided the product is registered within 30 days on semi-commercial guarantee document (otherwise 1 year parts and 1 year labour).