CDA Buying Advice – Wine Cooling Tips
New to wine coolers? Here’s some great tips to get you started:
- Maintain a humidity of between 50 and 80%, as this keeps the corks from getting too moist or dry.
- Protect your wine from sunlight. UV rays can cause otherwise stable compounds in wine to degrade, potentially ruining your wine.
- Keep bottles secure and avoid unstable racking. Unnecessary movement could compromise the storage of your collection as the vibration disturbs sediment.
- Dramatic changes in temperature may spoil taste. Maintaining a constant temperature will preserve the quality of your wines.
- Strong odours could permeate the corks, tainting the flavours and notes in the bottle. Limit the risk of smells reaching your collection by keeping them in a secure environment.