CDA Buying Advice – Energy saving tumble dryer tips
- Make the most of your tumble dryer capacity and always fill the appliance before running a drying cycle.
- Keep the lint filter clean to ensure maximum efficiency and drying capability.
- Do up duvet covers before putting them in the dryer, this will prevent smaller laundry items getting trapped inside the duvet and not drying properly.
- Use a high spin speed on your washing machine to remove as much water as possible from your laundry before putting it into the dryer.
- Untangle sleeves and straggly items before putting them into the dryer as a large knot of clothes will take longer to dry.
- Position the dryer in a well ventilated room to stop the machine overheating.
- Place a dry towel inside the dryer with your wet laundry to soak up the water and reduce the required drying time.
More in the Laundry advice centre: