Lee Sawford – National Account Manager
Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do at CDA.
I have worked in the appliance industry for over twenty years holding various position starting as an Area Manager and working my way up to National Account Manager. I currently look after larger National Accounts for the business. Within this role I need to liaise across all internal departments regarding a varied range of subjects, some of the key responsibilities include;
- Day to day operations – verbal/written communication with the Head Office buying team!
- Escalated customer care issues.
- Accurate long-term forecasting of stock requirements based on strategic promotional plans and market knowledge.
- Short term stock forecasting and reservations.
- Managing internal expectations of the account.
- Visiting account branches to gain information and build relationships.
- Achieving sales targets in line with company goals.
Why did you choose to work at CDA?
I was familiar with the company due to industry experience and I felt that it would be a good career move for me. At interview stage I felt confident that CDA have a long term strategy that we will be working towards and also that there will be opportunities to progress.
What were your first impressions of CDA?
Friendly, helpful, welcoming, organised.
What makes CDA different to other companies you have worked for? Or – what is unique about CDA?
CDA retains a welcoming atmosphere, like a family run business, even though it has grown over the last few years. I believe CDA offers the infrastructure of the bigger brands yet retains flexibility in route to market.
Would you recommend CDA to potential employees, if so why?
Yes. Good culture, welcoming company, helpful staff.
Describe the CDA culture?
Friendly, helpful, welcoming.