I need help with my warranty
Telephone: +44 (0)1949 862012
From Ireland only: 1-800-535556
Fax: +44 (0)1949 862003
Open 08.30 – 18.00 Monday to Friday
Open 09.00 – 16.30 Saturday
Terms and conditions of the CDA warranty
CDA appliances are covered by a 5 year parts and 2 year labour warranty for complete peace of mind*
* applies to appliances purchased after 31 May 2011.
Terms and conditions of warranty
- Parts are defined as mechanical/electrical parts only.
- Products registered outside of the 30 day period will receive 12 months parts and labour. The 30 day period is calculated from the purchase date and not the delivery/installation date.
- Proof of date of purchase must be supplied.
- To qualify for free parts they must be fitted by a CDA appointed engineer.
- Any attempts to modify or repair an appliance by an unauthorised person will render all warranties invalid.
- A charge will be made for attending a reported fault that transpires to be due to misuse or mis-installation.
- CDA retains the right to invalidate the warranty in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of staff
- CDA warranties cover domestic use only – commercial use is not covered.
- Warranties in whole or part are not transferable.
- TAPS – During the first year, at our discretion we may pay for refitting (on receipt of the faulty part/tap, once inspected and deemed faulty) up to a maximum defined cost.
- The provision of services under the warranty neither extends the term of the warranty nor sets in motion a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the warranty on the appliance as a whole. The warranty remains effective from the date of purchase.
- On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old* and is considered to be beyond repair, or uneconomical to repair, then we will offer a replacement appliance and charge an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
- Warranties apply in the UK and Southern Ireland only.
*CDA will only replace the product free of charge if the item is less than 2 years old and was purchased after 31/05/2011.
What is not covered
- Transport damage for which CDA is not responsible.
- Improper installation and assembly.
- Improper use including where an appliance has been used in a non-domestic environment, or poor maintenance, or failure to observe the operating instructions.
- Faults due to accidental damage or misuse.
- Damage caused by the appliance coming into contact with unsuitable materials.
- Claims in respect of compensation for consequential loss, except where such liability is legally mandatory.
- Consumables and cosmetic parts such as glass, bulbs, seals, fuses, filters, external hoses, cosmetic parts, baskets, trays, burner caps, burner bases etc.
- Damage to, or during, the replacement of any light bulbs or removable parts of glass and plastic.
- Gas leaks not related to a CDA appliance.
- TH100 3-in-1 instant hot water tap is guaranteed for 2 year parts and 2 year labour.
Details of extended warranties are available on request.
This table shows where the warranty is restricted due to non-domestic conditions:
|2 years labour, 5 years parts||2 years labour, 2 years parts||1 year labour, 1 year parts|
|Normal domestic sale and use||✔|
|Rental or service apartment (non-students)||✔|
|Students (communal living and non-communal) not new build*||✔|
|Students (communal living and non-communal) new build*||✔|
|Students (non-communal) one student per kitchen||✔|
|Semi-commercial e.g. school domestic science lab||✔|
*Provided the product is registered within 30 days on semi-commercial warranty document (otherwise 1 year parts and 1 year labour).