Your privacy matters
Here at CDA, we are very aware of our data security responsibilities, and the privacy that affects you as a customer of CDA.
Be assured, your personal information is safe with us here at CDA.
CDA privacy notice
This privacy notice covers how the CDA Group processes your personal information
WHO ARE WE?
The CDA Group Limited (CDA or the CDA Group) is a UK-based manufacturer of kitchen appliances, sinks and taps, and is a subsidiary of the Amica Group, a Polish company based in Wronki, Poland. In the UK CDA manufactures and distributes products under three brand names: CDA, Amica and Matrix.
When we refer to “We” or “Our” or “the CDA Group” we are referring to the CDA Group Limited.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data controller of the personal information you provide to us.
OUR ONLINE SERVICES
The CDA Group operate three UK websites: cda.eu (also cda.co.uk), matrix-appliances.co.uk, and amica-international.co.uk.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites (our site), or by providing information by telephone. This includes information provided at the time of registering your appliances, arranging home deliveries, subscribing to our services or requesting further services. We may also collect information from you when you report a problem or make a complaint to us. This information will include your name, address, email and telephone numbers.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of appliance registrations you enter through our website.
- Details used for processing your orders and warranty repairs
HOW WILL CDA USE MY DATA?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including appliance warranty servicing and appliance repairs
- To process orders and promotions
- To notify you about changes to our services
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by post or electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were subject of a previous sale to you
If you have consented to us doing so, we may also use your data and/or pass your data to selected third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
WHEN WILL THE CDA GROUP CONTACT ME?
The CDA Group may contact you for the following reasons:
- To satisfy any contractual obligations, such as carrying out appliance repairs, fulfilling orders and managing promotions
- To inform you of products or services that we think may be of interest to you based on the products you have registered with us
WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
The CDA Group will only contact you with marketing emails or phone calls where you have consented to this.
Any marketing communication will be related to the products and appliances that you have registered with us.
WILL THE CDA GROUP SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We may share your personal information to any member of our group, which means our holding company (the Amica Group) and its subsidiaries.
We may pass your information to third-party service agents for the purposes of providing appliance repairs, warranty investigations and supplying spare parts.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of fulfilling orders, including third-party carriers.
HOW LONG WILL THE CDA GROUP KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the CDA Group.
We will keep your personal information (safe?).
We will hold information regarding appliance registrations for a period of 10 years from initial registration so that we are able to make contact quickly and easily in the unlikely event of a product recall.
WHERE DO WE STORE MY PERSONAL DATA?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom or within the European Economic Area. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We will use your IP address for the purposes of limiting the number of address lookups when you search for address details when completing forms on our website. Your IP address will be kept for no more than 24 hours before being deleted.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION THE CDA GROUP HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the CDA Group holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Notice to the Data Protection Officer, The CDA Group Ltd, Harby Road, Langar NG13 9HY. Email: [email protected].
We will need to verify copies of two forms of identification before providing copies of your personal information. These can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
- Rent book (from last 3 months).
CHANGES TO THE CDA GROUP’S PRIVACY AND COOKIES NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. We encourage you to check back regularly for any updates.
The date of the most recent revisions will be displayed on the page.
CONTACTING THE CDA GROUP ABOUT THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES NOTICE
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Notice please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
The CDA Group Ltd
Email: [email protected]