I need help with my warranty
Telephone: +44 (0)1949 862012
From Ireland only: 1-800-535556
Open 08.30 – 18.00 Monday to Friday
09.00 – 13.00 Saturday
The CDA product warranty
CDA appliances are covered by a 5 year parts and 2 year labour warranty for complete peace of mind*
CDA warranty registrations are managed by our service partner, UK Warranty.
UK Warranty also provide and manage the CDA product extended warranties offering:
- Extended labour warranty plans payable annually or monthly direct debit, making protecting your appliance simple and affordable
- UK Warranty operate a UK call centre
* applies to appliances registered within 60 days of purchase. If not registered within 60 days of purchase a standard 24 month part and labour warranty applies. Proof of purchase required.
|Standard Warranty||Registered within 60 days||Extended Labour plan
(with UK Warranty)
|No call out charges||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|Included spares (to be fitted by a CDA approved engineer)||2 years||5 years||Up to 5 years|
|Included Labour||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|UK based call centre||2 years||5 years||Up to 5 years|
|Technical Support||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|A replacement product if we cannot fix yours||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|Cover multiple appliances even if different brand (i.e TV’s)||N/A||N/A||Up to 5 years|
|Approved CDA engineers||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|REGISTER TODAY!||ACTIVATE NOW!|
Terms and conditions of warranty
- Serial Number must be provided before an engineer visit can be arranged.
- CDA reserve the right to inspect an appliance before an exchange/replacement can be authorised.
- Parts are defined as mechanical/electrical parts only.
- Products registered outside of the 60 day period will receive 24 months parts and labour. The 60 day period is calculated from the purchase date and not the delivery/installation date.
- Proof of date of purchase must be provided to activate the warranty, and before an engineer visit can be authorised.
- To qualify for free parts they must be fitted by a CDA appointed engineer.
- Any attempts to modify or repair an appliance by an unauthorised person will render all warranties invalid.
- A charge will be made for attending a reported fault that transpires to be due to misuse or misinstallation.
- CDA retains the right to invalidate the warranty in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of staff.
- CDA warranties cover domestic use only – commercial use is not covered.
- Warranties in whole or part are not transferable.
- TAPS – During the first year, at our discretion we may pay for refitting (on receipt of the faulty part/tap, once inspected and deemed faulty) up to a maximum defined cost.
- The provision of services under the warranty neither extends the term of the warranty nor sets in motion a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the warranty on the appliance as a whole. The warranty remains effective from the date of purchase.
- On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old* and is considered to be beyond repair, or uneconomical to repair, then we will offer a replacement appliance and charge an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
- Warranties apply in the UK and ROI only.
*CDA will only replace the product free of charge if the item is less than 2 years old.
What is not covered
- Transport damage for which CDA is not responsible.
- Improper installation and assembly.
- Improper use including where an appliance has been used in a non-domestic environment, or poor maintenance, or failure to observe the operating instructions.
- Faults due to accidental damage or misuse.
- Damage caused by the appliance coming into contact with unsuitable materials.
- Claims in respect of compensation for consequential loss, except where such liability is legally mandatory.
- Consumables and cosmetic parts such as glass, bulbs, seals, fuses, filters, external hoses, cosmetic parts, baskets, trays, burner caps, burner bases etc.
- Damage to, or during, the replacement of any light bulbs or removable parts of glass and plastic.
- Gas leaks not related to a CDA appliance.
- Any aesthetic mismatch between products.
This table shows where the warranty is restricted due to non-domestic conditions:
|2 years labour, 5 years parts||2 years labour, 2 years parts||1 year labour, 1 year parts|
|Normal domestic sale and use||✔|
|Rental or service apartment (non-students)||✔|
|Students (communal living and non-communal) not new build*||✔|
|Students (communal living and non-communal) new build*||✔|
|Students (non-communal) one student per kitchen||✔|
|Semi-commercial e.g. school domestic science lab||✔|
*Provided the product is registered within 60 days on semi-commercial warranty document (otherwise 1 year parts and 1 year labour).