I need help with my warranty
Telephone: +44 (0)1949 862012
From Ireland only: 1-800-535556
Fax: +44 (0)1949 862003
Open Monday – Friday 09:00-17:00
Open Saturday 09:00-13:00
The CDA product warranty
CDA appliances are covered by a 5 year parts and 2 year labour warranty for complete peace of mind*
CDA warranty registrations are managed by our service partner, UK Warranty.
UK Warranty also provide and manage CDA product extended warranty plans. These can be payable annually or monthly by direct debit, making protecting your appliance simple and affordable. UK Warranty operate a UK call centre.
* applies to appliances registered within 60 days of purchase. If not registered within 60 days of purchase a standard 24 month part and labour warranty applies. Proof of purchase required.
|Standard Warranty||Registered within 60 days||Extended Labour plan (with UK Warranty)|
|No call out charges||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|Included spares (to be fitted by a CDA approved engineer)||2 years||5 years||Up to 5 years|
|Included Labour||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|Technical Support||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|A replacement product if we cannot fix yours||2 years||2 years||Up to 5 years|
|Cover multiple appliances even if different brand (i.e TV’s)||N/A||N/A||Up to 5 years|
|REGISTER TODAY! ACTIVATE NOW!|
Standard Warranty Terms & Conditions
Your new CDA appliance is guaranteed against electrical and mechanical faults arising from defective materials or components, or a manufacturing defect. The warranty starts from the date of original purchase of the appliance for a period of 24 months unless the appliance is registered within 60 days of purchase, in which case the warranty will be extended to 5 years parts and 2 years labour.
This warranty is in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer and in no way diminishes or seeks to diminish these statutory rights. It is possible that your statutory rights may offer additional or higher levels of protection than those offered under the terms of this warranty in certain circumstances. If you have any questions about these rights, you should contact the retailer from where you purchased the product.
This warranty applies to products in normal domestic use at a residential address. This warranty does not cover products used in a commercial environment. Separate warranties apply for communal living and semi-commercial applications. Applies to electrical appliances only – separate warranties apply to sinks and taps (including boiling water taps).
What is covered by the warranty
- Repairs required to the product as a result of defective materials or components, or manufacturing defects.
- Functional mechanical/electrical replacement parts necessary to repair a product.
- Costs associated with providing a CDA approved engineer to carry out the repair.
What is not covered by the warranty
- Transit or delivery damage.
- Damage or faults caused by adverse weather.
- Cosmetic damage such as dents or scratches.
- Reversal of doors or door handles.
- Repair or replacement of any cosmetic or consumable item such as bulbs, plugs, fuses, cables, filters and attachments, control knobs, flaps, container lids, handles, glass and wire shelves, rubber hoses, plastic door shelves and any accessories for example oven baking trays, grill pans and shelves.
- Any glass component.
- Any parts which have become worn, discoloured or damaged in use, including damage caused by incorrect use or cleaning.
- When an attempt has been made to modify or repair an appliance by an unauthorised person.
- Faults arising due to inadequate cleaning such as dirt, mould, grease, spillages and odours (e.g. blocked gas jets), or due to the effects of limescale.
- Blockage to pump or filter in washing machines or dishwashers.
- Scratches and chips to hob surfaces caused by inappropriate use of cooking utensils.
- Noise, vibration or steam resulting from operation of the appliance. This includes steam from washers, dryers, dishwashers and ovens, and noise from refrigeration compressors, running of oven fans, or drain pumps.
- When the exchange or replacement of a product will result in an aesthetic mismatch with existing fitted products (for example where existing adjacent products might have non-matching side strips, or different facia spacing, or be a different colour shade), CDA is not responsible for replacing other products that are not defective in order to achieve a visual match, or for any costs associated with achieving an aesthetic match between appliances.
- Repairs necessary as a direct or indirect result of:
- Accidental damage, misuse or abuse of a product.
- An attempted repair of a product by anyone other than a CDA authorised engineer.
- Installation or use of a product where such installation or use fails to meet the requirements specified in this warranty or the instruction manual supplied with the product.
- This warranty is limited to the cost of repairing the product. To the extent permitted by law, CDA does not accept and will not be held liable for any financial loss incurred in connection with the failure of any product to operate in accordance with the expected standards. Such financial loss includes but is not limited to loss arising from:
- Consequential loss or damage, except where such liability is legally mandatory.
- Time taken off work, for example to facilitate an engineer visit.
- Spoiled food, clothing or other items.
- Laundry costs.
- Compensation for any inconvenience.
- Products registered outside of the 60-day period will receive 24 months parts and labour warranty. The 60-day period is calculated from the purchase date or the delivery/installation date, whichever is the later.
- Proof of date of purchase or serial number must be provided to activate the warranty, and before an engineer visit can be authorised.
- The product serial number must be provided before an engineer visit can be arranged. This is available on the appliance rating plate.
- To qualify for free parts they must be fitted by a CDA appointed engineer.
- Repairs will be carried out using original spare parts.
- Appliances must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that our engineers can carry out any repairs in a clean and safe environment.
- The product to be inspected or repaired must be easily accessible for the engineer without the need to damage, remove or modify any flooring, cabinets, other appliances or furniture. If the engineer believes that this is not possible, the call will be abandoned, a charge will be applied, and separate arrangements must then be made to remove the product or facilitate access for inspection and repair on another visit.
- Any attempt to modify or repair an appliance by an unauthorised person will render all warranties invalid.
- CDA retains the right to invalidate the warranty in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of staff.
- This CDA warranty covers domestic use only. Commercial use is not covered except as described in table 1 below when a different length of warranty will be applicable.
- Warranties in whole or part are not transferable except when the proof of date of purchase is provided.
- The product must be correctly installed, positioned and operated in accordance with the instructions contained in the user manual provided with the product.
- This warranty does not apply to products sold as ‘graded’ or ex-display.
- Gas appliances must be correctly installed by a qualified Gas Safe (RGI in Republic of Ireland) installer. LPG conversions will be covered by this warranty only if a copy of the necessary certification by a qualified Gas Safe (or RGI in Republic of Ireland) installer is provided at the time of registration.
- We recommend that all electric cooking products, washing machines and dishwashers are installed by a qualified plumber/electrical appliance installer.
- The provision of services under the warranty neither extends the term of the warranty nor sets in motion a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted in the course of a repair ends with the expiry of the warranty on the appliance as a whole. The warranty remains effective from the date of purchase.
- On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old but within the overall warranty period (in year 2) and is considered to be beyond repair, or uneconomical to repair, then a discounted replacement appliance may be offered and a charge for an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed will be made.
- This warranty applies in the UK and ROI only.
- This warranty applies to electrical appliances only. Separate warranties apply to sinks and all taps (including hot water taps).
Service once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired
- If you have purchased an extended warranty through our warranty partner (UK Warranty) please refer to them for instructions on how to obtain service during the extended warranty period.
- If you have not purchased extended warranty please call us on 01949 862012 to arrange a repair. Repairs are carried out by our qualified engineers using original parts. Service fees are as follows:
- If your CDA appliance is still within the 5-year parts warranty period, our charge is £125. This one-off charge covers the repair of a single fault on a single appliance and includes parts fitted under the warranty.
- If your appliance is over 5 years old, our charge is £149. This one-off charge covers the repair of a single fault on a single appliance and includes any parts required to complete the repair so there are no hidden charges.
When charges may applyIt is your responsibility to provide evidence that your product is covered by this warranty with a proof of purchase. In certain circumstances charges will apply, including:
- You cannot provide evidence that your product is covered by this warranty.
- Service outside of the labour element of the warranty.
- Repairs carried out outside of normal engineer working hours.
- A failed visit, where the engineer cannot gain access to the appliance to carry out the repair as arranged.
- Where the appliance is not easily accessible for the engineer to inspect or repair without the need to damage, remove or modify any flooring, cabinets, other appliances or furniture.
- Where a service call has been made and the engineer finds that there is no fault with the product.
- The fault is found to be due to poor installation, or failure to follow the fitting instructions supplied with the product.
- The fault is found to be due to be user error or failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions in the user manual.
- Fault was caused by something other than faulty materials, defective components or manufacturing defects.
- When additional charges are incurred to access the site, such as vehicle access charges, parking or requirement for additional personnel.
Full payment of any charges due must be made before any repair will be carried out. CDA reserves the right to terminate the warranty if outstanding charges are not paid within 7 days of them being due.
Service fees are non-refundable.
Product exchangesIn some circumstances, CDA will agree to exchange an appliance instead of carrying out or attempting a repair.
- CDA reserve the right to repair a product wherever possible.
- CDA reserve the right to inspect an appliance before an exchange/replacement will be authorised to determine that the product is faulty and the installation is correct.
- When a replacement is offered, this would normally be an identical model but when this is not possible, an alternative product of a similar specification will be provided.
- Unused graded products may be used as the replacement.
- Offers for replacement will be valid for 30 days from date of the offer being made.
- CDA will arrange for delivery of the replacement product.
- CDA will only replace a product free of charge (when we agree to provide a replacement) if the item is less than 2 years old.
- The warranty of the original product will continue to apply to the replacement product; the new product will not come with a new warranty.
- On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old but is within the overall warranty period and is considered by us to be beyond repair, or uneconomical to repair, then a discounted replacement appliance may be offered and a charge for an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed will be made.
Engineer working hours
- Engineer visits are normally arranged between 08:30 and 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- Visits outside of these times may be possible by prior agreement and at additional charge, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Engineer appointment times are estimated and cannot be guaranteed.
|Warranty applicable to appliances fitted in non-domestic locations|
|2 years labour, 5 years parts||2 years labour, 2 years parts||1 year labour, 1 year parts|
|Normal domestic sale and use||✔|
|Rental or service apartment||✔|
|Communal accommodation, shared kitchen||✔|
|Non-communal accommodation, one resident per kitchen||✔|
|Semi-commercial situation e.g. school domestic science lab*||✔|
This warranty is provided by The CDA Group Ltd (CDA), Harby Road, Langar, Nottinghamshire, NG13 9HY. E&OE.
The CDA Group Ltd (CDA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Amica PLC Group.